Stuffed Green Peppers
- 2-4 green peppers
- 1# ground beef*, or 1# ground Italian sausage (mild or spicy)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes, or any 15 ounce canned diced tomatoes preferably with added seasonings
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed or canned corn, drained
- 2 cups Meals From The Heart Veggies and Rice, prepared according to package directions
- Grated Cheese, optional
Start water for Meals From The Heart Veggies and Rice and follow directions on package. Allow it to cool slightly.
Brown meat in skillet over medium high heat; add onions, salt and pepper. Cook until onion is soft. Add canned tomatoes and mix together with cooked Meals From The Heart Veggies and Rice.
Prepare peppers by cutting out stem, removing seeds and membrane. If peppers are large, split them in half. Fill peppers with stuffing. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
*If using ground beef, taste and adjust seasoning before filling peppers.
- Beans: black, pinto, navy, red