Chimichurri Beef and Rice Skillet
The Chimichurri Sauce is a flavor bomb!
- 3 cups Meals From The Heart Veggies and Rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 lb. ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1-teaspoon salt (skip this if using garlic salt)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2-teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
In 12-inch skillet, cook meat and onions over medium-high heat, adding salt and pepper. Cook for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring frequently, until ground meat is brown and cooked through.
Add garlic, paprika, pepper flakes, cumin and oregano. Gently stir in Meals From The Heart Veggies and Rice. Top each portion with chimichurri sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Simple Chimichurri Sauce:
- Equal amounts fresh parsley and cilantro (1/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Chop all together, re-combining to chop until very fine. Stir together in a small bowl with kosher or sea salt, red wine vinegar (1-2 Tbsp.) or juice from a lemon or lime (1-2 Tbsp.). And olive oil to taste.
Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Chimichurri sauce is great drizzled on grilled meats or fish. Serve it instead of butter alongside hunks of warm peasant bread. Spread it on sandwiches. Dip vegetables into it. Use it as the fat for scrambling eggs. Top your oven-roasted vegetables with this versatile sauce.
Could be used as a filling in a tortilla; add cheese, salsa, sour cream, and roll it up like a burrito.