Our Temporary “New Normal.”
Our normal day-to-day meal-packing is obviously on hold for the time being, but the staff and volunteers at Meals From The Heart are still working to help keep our local food shelves stocked.
The need for healthy food is on the rise, so is the desire to work together to help our neighbors. Until we can again gather to pack meals, here are a few things we’re doing to keep up the good fight against hunger during the coronavirus crisis?
- We are safely packing meals with a small group of volunteers and staff and delivering meals to Minnesota and Western Wisconsin food shelves.
- We are monitoring and following information provided by federal and local government agencies to make informed decisions, and we are taking ALL necessary precautions.
- We are developing new meal-packing protocols so that we can safely resume desperately needed meal-packing events as soon as it is entirely safe to do so.
- We are developing other ways to support the fight against hunger in our local communities, like our new FOOD BOX program, that we hope to launch this fall. Click here to learn more.
- We KEEP SMILING! You may not see it through our masks, but we’re always smiling, because where there is love and compassion, there is hope. And that is something truly worth smiling about!
We routinely hear from people wanting to help. It’s true – the worst of times brings out the best in people. While we wish we could accommodate the many volunteers that have asked to help, due to safety protocols, we cannot. Naturally, we wish we could be packing meals at full force, but until then, we will continue to do what we can to help our neighbors.
In the meantime, if you want to help, please drop us a line (or a donation).