- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz apple sauce
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cups oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In mixing bowl add egg, brown sugar, canola oil, vanilla, and apple sauce.
3. Beat for one minute on medium speed.
4. In separate bowl mix flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and stir until combined, scraping down sides. Do not over mix.
6. Spray 8 x 8 pan and spread mix evenly in pan.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
1 Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir until combined.
3. Bring to a boil and cook without stirring for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar.
5. Cool cake completely. Frost.